Sunday 2 June 2013

Filled Under: ,

How to Remove red Exclamation mark from Samsung galaxy S3 GT-I9300?

06:04

How to Remove Red Exclamation Mark on Samsung Galaxy S3?

This problem rarely occurs when you flash a custom kernel or sometime after rooting your phone.

I found this problem on my S3 when i updated my kernel through an app named as "Franco Kernel Updater"
and whenever i restart my S3 i always saw a red exclamation mark on my S3, which was looking awkward.


My SGS3 was rooted.
and my custom binary download was at : 2 (Yes)
Because i have rooted my phone and have updated my kernel through "Franco Kernel Updater".
Otherwise i was still able to use my SGS3 but the whole problem was that of Red ! Exclamation Mark.

I have faced many problem resetting it back...
This will restore your kernel to his previous version. ( This would be so risky so do it yourself)
I will not be responsible for any damage caused to your mobile. ( I had tried on my mobile and it worked)
So now i am writing this tutorial on

 How can we Remove the Red ! Exclamation Mark on SGS3.

For this Operation to succeed you must have your mobile Rooted. (If you had unrooted you mobile so you can root it again from this tutorial How to Root)

And you must have installed CWM Recovery (Clockworkmode Recovery) in your phone. ( If you want app for this so you can get it from here.CWM Recovery
Download these files: Red Exclamation Part 1 and Red exclamation Part 2.

Step 1: Connect your mobile with computer and Copy these files without extracting them and paste it in your mobile's SD Card where you can reach it easily.

Step 2: Now Boot into Recovery Mode by pressing Volume up+Home Button+Power Button and release these buttons when you see the Samsung galaxy S3 boot screen. Now you are in Recovery Mode.

Step 3: Now go Down and select "Install zip from a folder" now find those two files which you have copied in step 1.

Step 4: After finding those files, select on the file which is named as "XXELLA_KERNEL_CWM.zip"
The installation of this file will start and it could take some time.

Step 5: After installation of that file, Now find the second file which is named as "Update_I9300_Bootloader_XXELLA.zip" and select it.

The installation of that file will start and it could take some time.
And your mobile might restart or you have to restart it yourself. (After installation click on Reboot System Now).
Your Phone will reboot. Now Run Triangle Away App (If you don't have you can download it from HERE.)

Step 6: After running Triangle Away app go to the end and find "Reset Flash Counter".
Click on it and your device one more time will be Rebooted.

Step 7: It will Ask you to continue and reset the counter or reboot your device, Press volume up for resetting your counter and removing that Red ! Exclamation Mark.

Hurray! Now that exclamation mark is removed...
If you are facing any problem regarding this you can ask me in the comments.

Thanks!!!
Enjoy


Regards
Toxic Hack

Subscribe to me on Facebook
Mohammad Ammad

12 comments:

  1. will this work harmlessly on Samsung S3 with Android JB 4.2.2 and CyanagenMod 10.1 ROM installed on the same or will it cause some issues like getting stuck or bricking the device??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont know Avinash But these files are only for Jelly Bean 4.1.2 .... You can try that on cyonagenmod but at your own risk. Because it is not checked on S3 having cynogenmod... Flahs the original firmware and then try it if Red Exclamation does'nt go

    ReplyDelete
  3. On what version of S3 did you use this? i9300 the international version or other variant like atnt? i have mine gti9300 international running 4.1.2 jelly bean, i want to try this.. hope this works for me.. or i'll end up replacing my board.. :|

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Hydraw, i used it on the international version of SGS3 ( GT-I9300) same as yours and my jelly bean version was also 4.1.2
      Don't hesitate to use this. But be sure that you have read the article several times so you don't face problems. And do it at your own risk, this process is totally harmless but some people still make some mistakes so i will suggest you to do it at your own risk

      Delete
  4. Hi Muhammad,

    Already follow all your step. But red exclamation didn't remove. FYI im running 4.1.2 jellyBean.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mohammad...

    I'm using GT-i9300 rooted with stock rom 4.1.2...I have tried this method to remove the red exclamation mark but it failed.Tried to remove on custom rom 4.1.2 also the same.
    What should i do now?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Sochai, remove root and then try this process again. That red exclamation occurs because of the custom recovery (CWM). First unroot your device and then try this process.
    Thanks
    Regards
    Mohammad Ammad

    ReplyDelete
  7. Will i be having a problem if i will not do anything?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, I'm having problems with a rooted Samsung GT-S7582L (Galaxy S Duos 2), at startup, that red exclamation mark appears on the upper left corner of the screen. What really means that and how can I do to remove it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am facing the problem but my samsung J1(SM-110H) does not go to the recovery mode

    ReplyDelete
  10. hiii.. the problem is i cant boot into recovery mode either. its showing the same screen...

    ReplyDelete
  11. hiii.. the problem is i cant boot into recovery mode either. its showing the same screen...

    ReplyDelete